| | Stumble It! | Add to Mixx! | | diigo it | | Slashdot |

PDX Coffee News

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hello there!

Hi, welcome to the PDX Coffee Blog!

  • Who - Regular folks in and around Portland who love coffee.
  • What - Share your opinion of local brews & shops.
  • Why - Because I really like coffee and Portland!
The PDX Coffee Blog started came into being following two major events; my relocation to the Portland area and meeting Gary Vaynerchuk, the creator of WineLibrary TV.

I moved to the Portland area with my family in March 2008 and brought my love of coffee with me. Not being a native of the area, I quickly found that I didn't know much about the lay of the coffee landscape and that I would have to undertake the arduous task of trying out as many coffee shops as I possibly could. It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it.

As for Gary Vay-ner-chuk, I met him at a presentation where he was speaking about a lot of different things, most notably he advocated doing what you love and producing media, not consuming it. Not consuming media I can handle, coffee is another matter though. Gary started producing and publishing a video review of wines and worked his way into being a professional wine drinker/pitchman - getting paid (well!) to drink wine and talk about it, what a great job!

So it begins, slowly at first. I'll be playing with the template and design for a while and plan to offer up a review or two per week as things get going. I'm also working on evaluation metrics, but in the end the review is going to end up being my opinion - a regular guy, who loves coffee.

Stay tuned!

0 comments:


Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com